Monday 23 May 2011

Meet Varulv & Lilla Röda, Master & Mistress of Casa De Groază...

I finally got around to almost finishing the Master & Mistress of 'Casa De Groaza', Varulv & Lilla Roda (swedish for werewolf & little red, respectively), there's still a little bit of work that I want to do on both of them, but not much. One of my all-time fave movies is 'An American Werewolf In London' & I have sat watching it over & over again (I have a tv/dvd combi right beside my work desk) to try & hopefully recreate some sort of resemblence.





Most of the items I will be making for 'Casa De Groaza' will be inspired by movies or halloween decorations that I have seen, but I saw some candle stands in the garden centre & wanted to create them in miniature with dripping candles in them, I ended up making two as I didn't particularly like the first one although now I think I'm going to keep both.





This 'warning sign' will be placed on the front porch, it was my second attempt at making a crow, as the first one looked like an overgrown blackbird, this one looks a little more menancing, next to it is the 'rat on a pumpkin' that I won in Mags' giveaway, isn't it fantastic!! I love it & the detail on the rat is perfect. I was going to place this on the front porch but I'm now thinking it can go in the kitchen.





Another of my fave movies is 'Practical Magic' & on the dvd menu screen there are little symbols beside each selection. One of the symbols is an 'all-seeing hand' & I knew one of these would look perfect on the fire surround (when I get around to making it,lol).





As well as making a few bits for myself I have been working on some new minis for sale, I love making fruits & flowers & have created a little display that incorporates both. I tried to make a cupcake stand like the one I have in my kitchen, a metal spiral one that holds 24 cupcakes, but I just couldn't get it right, so I decided to go for a different design instead before I ran out of wire. These will be going up for auction on eBay tonight.


Have a fantastic week, hugs Kerry.x.

7 comments:

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Kerry they are wicked! The werwolf is fantastic and just love the mistress she is awesome! The candles are wonderful i'd love some for my haunted house, hope you make some more of those! All the new goodies are beautiful, you have been busy! Kate xxx

Kerry said...

Hi Kate, thank you so much!! I'm still undecided about the werewolf, might have a go at another one that stands (like in 'The Howling')I'll definitely make some more candles & pop some in the post for you soon. Have a great day, hugs, Kerry.x.

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

Your doll and werewolf are Fantastic! I too made a werewolf for my haunted house, he looks like my dog :( Your candles look so spooky and i love the all seeing hand :) Your sweets are beautiful as always.

I can't wait to see more of your haunted house.

Hugs
Victoria xxx

Plushpussycat said...

Love your desserts and cupcake stands--super cute and yummy looking! :-)

Kerry said...

Thank you Victoria!! Can't wait to see your werewolf, I think mine looks like a dog, too, an angry dog, lol, & if I do decide to make a standing one then that will probably just look like a standing angry dog, lol. Hugs, kerry.x.

onbeingaminimum said...

Hi Kerry, how creative you have been. I think my favourite is the All Seeing Hand but the candles are really effective I am with Kate, I hope you make more of these.

Witchkrafting with Kat said...

WOW totally cool minis! Love them.